Southeastern Grocers (SEG), home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, announced its largest-ever transformation of private label product, which will span approximately 3,000 items across all categories throughout each banner specific store throughout 2017.
To date, Southeastern Grocers has tested more than 2,330 own brand items, which led to improved quality reformulations on more than 2,260 products, and over the next year, the roll-out across all stores will provide superior quality, greater value and differentiation to customers without increasing the price.
Southeastern Grocers is also launching three new brands which will be appearing in store through the coming months, they are-
- SE Grocers Essentials – Dependable quality at an affordable price. These products offer honest, everyday value for all customers looking for reliable, budget household basics.
- SE Grocers – If you can’t taste the difference, why pay the difference? These products have been developed to quality benchmarks as close, if not better than the taste and quality currently offered by the established brands already in the market but at significantly lower prices.
- Prestige – Prestige offers an indulgent experience, at an incredible price. Our Prestige brand offers our customers a selection of specialty and indulgent products at a price that is still affordable. Our Prestige Ice Cream has already been awarded “Best French Vanilla Ice Cream” in America.
Some of the new and improved products to land on the shelf this month include:
- SE Grocers Popcorn – Cheddar, White Cheddar, Salt & Black Pepper, and Sea Salt
- Prestige Popcorn – Caramel and Chicago Mix
- SE Grocers Potato Chips – 21 varieties across numerous flavors that include traditional favorites like Regular and Sea Salt, along with unique flavors like Jamaican Jerk, Sriracha Wavy, Dill Pickle, Ranch, Chile Limon, Maui Onion and many more.
- SE Grocers Essentials – 107 products will land on shelves through February
Southeastern Grocers focus includes- fresh, healthy, affordable food, which has led to substantial enhancements across the entire own brand product line, including:
- Over 2,280 products with no artificial colors
- Over 2,160 products with no artificial flavors
- Over 2,650 products with no MSG
- Over 2,640 products with no trans fat
- Over 2,240 products with no high fructose corn syrup
Southeastern Grocers LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the fifth-largest conventional supermarket chain in the U.S. and the second-largest conventional supermarket in the southeast based on store count.
The company employs nearly 66,000 associates who serve customers in 756 grocery stores, 145 liquor stores and 504 in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina.